Monday 21 June 2010

Not the happiest post to start with :(

I was reminded of my friend Lisey, who died last year, today. I cannot describe the grief I have gone through, and this makes me doubt a part of my religion. I have been taught that God - when He takes things away - provides us with something so much better. But how can he provide me with something better than Lisey? He can never give me what He took away. Or at least that is how it feels. The religious part of me says to trust God but then the other part of me - the main part - simply cannot see how anything can ever make up for losing Lisey. :'(

2 comments:

  1. Hiya.
    Firstly, i'm really sorry to hear about your friend. :( We haven’t spoken before (I’m x_ilovejesus_x on AYME), but I felt that God was calling me to share something with you.

    Recently God has been teaching me and my mum that sometimes he lets things happen that make us just want to shout 'Why?'. There are some things that we just cannot understand, and God cant tell us because if we cant understand how he made a horse for example, how can we begin to understand how pain and suffering fit into his plan?

    There have been lots of experiences in my life that have made me want to shout 'why?' but God is teaching me that instead of asking why, we should be asking 'to what end?'. In other words, how are we going to react to the situation? How are we going to use it for Gods glory? Are we going to let it strengthen our relationship with God and lean on him through the tough times or are we going to abandon him and struggle through it one our own?

    He is always there for you, even if you don’t feel it, ready to give you a big hug and comfort you in your times of grief. He understands exactly how you are feeling and he cries every tear that you cry.

    Sorry if I ranted on a bit there, but i just wanted to share that with you. :)

    Abbey
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abbey =) Thank-you for the comment =) It was very sweet of you to share that with me. You made sense and didn't rant so don't worry about that =) Believe me, I would know if you ranted as I am a pro at it ;)

    Thank-you once again and I am definitely going to *insert words I want to use but have forgotten lol* umm, something along the lines of I am going to think about what you put as it makes sense. Thank-you sweetie =)

    ReplyDelete